Thursday, June 3, 2010

I Hate Running at Lunch

I hear people talk about running at lunch. (Mostly men). And I can’t understand how they can get changed into running gear, run a decent distance, shower, get back into work clothes AND get back to work in an hour! If your a guy you probably run 5 miles in half an hour and you don’t have to blow dry and re-style your hair and put on make up. Lucky ducks!! So maybe it’s plausible for you.

While we’re on the subject, I’ve never understood men who cross dress. Why go through all the trouble if you don’t have to? I think it’s such a waste of time. Why can’t I just go all naturale? My husband would love it if I did. But I can’t bring myself to go to work without my game face on.

I have some cross-dressing friends and have posed the “Why?’ question to them and the best answer so far has been “Because it makes me feel pretty.” Yet, I just can’t relate. And by the way, my cross-dressing friend, you are pretty! Even without make up. Bitch. :)


So this whole week, running in the morning has not been working out for me. So I have been running at night. But, because I’m on the late shift at work now, that gets me home very late after my run and I barely have time to eat let alone keep up with the fundraising activities I need to stay on top on. So today, I just HAD to have some down time after work.

So I arranged to have a two hour lunch so I could run and get home at a decent time.

So I had to pack and schlep all my running clothes and gadgets and girly gear to the gym. After running, I had to take an abbreviated shower. You know how after you work up a great sweat you keep sweating! And if you are in a locker room it is already humid. So I hate putting on clothes when I know I won’t stop sweating for another hour! And has anyone tried to put on makeup when your face is sweating??? Ugh!

So that was my lunch. I BARELY made it back to work in my two hour time frame!

I think I’m going to have to manage the morning runs ... even if it kills me.

No comments: